All content on this blog is original work produced by Allison Primack. Do not republish or print without permission.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Overdue Life Update


As I was emailing Grandma the other day I realized I haven't updated the blog in a while about new stuff in my life - so I figured I would take the night off of homework and catch you all up!

Thanks to 4 classes and 20 hours of work a week, admittedly I don't have much time to bum around and do as much "nothingness" as I would normally wish for. However, between the craziness here are some highlights since my last update:


- our monthly friend potluck dinner, theme being Indian food (ok so it was less of a potluck this time, and more of a take out....still delicious)
- a fun, low key Superbowl gathering at my friend Becca's, in which I helped make snacks (shocked? so am I!)
- my second "snow day", in which I promptly hibernated and did not leave my bed... literally.
- a fabulous Valentine's day, full of packages from home, seeing the movie "The Vow" with my girl friends, and a belated dinner at Zaytinya with James during his 2nd DC visit (the picture of us to the left is us before heading to dinner)
- speaking of... James came to visit DC again over President's Day weekend! We had a great time, visiting the Newseum, going to lots of yummy restaurants (especially brunch), hanging out with my DC friends, and going to the movies
- going to the Kings vs. Wizards NBA basketball game, where the Kings won! We celebrated promptly with Chipotle, of course. (the picture below is of me and my friend, Shannon, at the game)
- enjoying lunch outside in the 68 degree "winter" weather with Meredith this afternoon



And here are some things I'm looking forward to in the next couple of weeks:

- going to see "The Two Gentlemen of Verona" with Liz tomorrow night
- more spring weather instead of the winter crap... snow, snow, go away! Come on sun!
- going to Richmond with my mom and grand pop next week to visit some family
- Spring Fling, aka grad school prom part II
- getting through midterm madness
- getting a visit from Lauren, my sorority little sis, who has a grad school interview at Johns Hopkins!




Last, but certainly not least, I'm excited for SPRING BREAK IN SO CAL! On the itinerary are San Diego, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara. I will have my good friend from DC in tow, also named Lauren, who is a NYC native and has never been out west before. I am excited to play tour guide and get my dose of Vitamin D.

I'll have some more stuff from work and school rolling in over the next week, but I'll save that for another post. Sending love northbound to and westbound to my readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment